How to join Para SF (Special Forces) of Indian Army: The Parachute Regiment of the Indian Army consists of PARA and PARA (Special Forces) Battalions, which are considered to be the elite volunteer force. The regiment is conferred the distinction of ‘Bravest of the Brave’and has already been awarded 08 Ashok Chakras (AC), 11 Maha Vir Chakras(MVC), 21 Kirti Chakras(KC), 106 Shaurya Chakras(SC), 63 Vir Chakras(VC) and 491 Sena Medals(SM).
How to join Para SF (Special Forces): Job Profile
While carrying out operations or counter insurgency (CI), the PARA and PARA (SF) Regiments soldiers are assigned with special tasks. It demand very high standards of physical and mental fitness, wherein Soldiers are graded on the basis of their aptitude, after clearing their probation may undergo specialization training in any of the following :-
- Free Fall Combat
- Under Water Diving.
- Paramotor Pilot.
- IGLA and A/Tk Missile Pilot.
- Rock Craft and Ice Craft.
Elite Status provided to Para and Para (Special Forces) of Indian Army. The Indian Army Paratroopers are provided with the status of being elite by virtue of the tough selection, rigorous training and continuous deployment in Counter Insurgent areas. Sporting the maroon beret, the special forces are distinguishable from all armies across the world.
Benefits for PARA and PARA(Special Forces).
Monetary Benefits for PARA and PARA(Special Forces) regiments. In comparison to the standard Indian Army allowances, a Sepoy rank soldier in the Special Forces unit will get Rs. 17,300/- P/M as Special Forces Allowance and Rs. 6000/- P/M in Para Battalion as Para Pay. Apart from this, they also get exposure from Foreign Armies in different military exercises. An Officer and Soldier being in the PARA/ PARA (SF),generally an individual gets an exposure of serving / training with foreign Armies.
A fully trained Soldier in PARA and Para (Special Forces) regiment has a sound working knowledge and possesses advanced knowledge on one or more of the following skills :-
- First Aid & Trauma Management
- Combat Survival
- Weapon including Sniping
- Unarmed Combat skills and PTKE (A Philippians Martial Art)
- Language and Cultural Skills
Selection Process for PARA and Para (SF) Regiment of Indian Army
1. The Candidates attaining 100% marks in physical fitness tests and 50% marks in the written test and coming under the merit list are given an option of joining the ELITE PARA Regiment. It is given by Army Recruiting Offices (AROs) just before their despatch. The candidates are then subjected to additional tests for selection for PARA Regiment.
2. The Candidates deciding to join the regiment will have the assurance of joining the already allotted Parent Regiment if they fail to qualify in the special screening tests for the regiment.
The candidates will be subjected to special tests as stated below :
(Candidates have to achieve these standards to qualify)
- 5 Km Run 20 Mins
- Chin Up 14
- Push Up 40 repetitions in 1 Min
- Sit Up 80 repetitions in 2 Mins
- Mtr Shuttle 17 times in 01 Min
For more info click here