25 Science Questions for CDS 1 Exam 2020
As CDS 1 2020 is approaching, every candidate has pulled up their socks to clear the written examination and get SSB Interview call letter. In this article, we would be providing you the 25 most important Science questions for CDS 1 2020 exam. General Science plays a key role in the General Awareness Paper and to qualify the written exam, a candidate must score good in this section. The level of difficulty of this section remains moderate as compare to other sections like History, Polity, Economics, Geography and Current Affairs.
25 Most Important Science Questions
1. Which one of the following statement is correct in relation to sound? Velocity of sound does not depend upon the nature of media.
A. It does not depend upon the nature of media.
B. It is maximum in gases and minimum in liquids.
C. It is maximum in solids and minimum in liquids.
D. It is maximum in solids and minimum in gases.
2. X-rays are
A. Deflected by an electric field but not by a magnetic field
B. Deflected by a magnetic field but not by an electric field
C. Deflected by both a magnetic field and an electric field
D. Not deflected by a magnetic field or a magnetic field.
3. A Body is falling freely under the action of gravity alone in vacuum. Which one of the following remains constant during the fall.
A. Potential Energy
B. Kinetic Energy
C. Total Linear Momentum
D. Total Mechanical Energy
4. The coil in a heater is made of
5. The phenomenon of mirage occurs due to which one of the following?
A. Polarization of Light
B. Dispersion of Light
C. Diffraction of Light
D. Total Internal Reflection of light
6. If a liquid is heated in space under no gravity, the transfer of heat will take place by process of
D. Cannot be heated in the absence of gravity
7. Transformer is kind of appliance that can
1. Increase power
2. Increase voltage
3. Decrease voltage
4. Measure current and voltage
A. Only 4
B. 1 and 4
C.2 and 3
D. 2,3 and 4
8. Which gas is used in filling electric bulbs?
9. German Silver is an alloy of
A. Gold and Silver
B. Copper ans Silver
C. Copper, Zinc and Silver
D. Copper, Zinc and Nickel
10. Mish Metal is widely used in the manufacture of which of the following?
A. Material of car brake
B. Smoke detectors
C. Cigarette lighters
D. Emergency lights
11. Which one of the following statement is not correct??
A. Hydrogen is an element
B. Hydrogen is the highest element
C. Hydrogen has no isotopes
D. Hydrogen and Oxygen form an explosive mixture
Answer – C
12. CNG used in automobiles to check pollution, mainly consists of
13. Which of the following is used in foam fire extinguishers?
A. Aluminium Sulphate
B. Copper Sulpahte
C. Cobalt Sulphate
14. Which of the following substance is used in the manufacture of safety matches?
A. Red Phosphorous
B. White Phosphorous
C. Phosphorous Trioxide
D. Black Phosphorous
15. Which one of the following substance is made from natural raw material?
16. What is a mixture of potassium nitrate, powdered charcoal and sulphur called?
D. Gun Powder
17. Which one of the following glasses is used in bullet proof screens?
A. Soda Glass
B. Pyrex Glass
C. Jena Glass
D. Reinforced Glass
18. Which of the following statements is/are correct? Viruses can infect
Select the correct answer using the code given below
A. 1 and 2 Only
B. 3 Only
C. 1 and 3 only
D. 1,2 and 3
19. Consider the following organisms
Which of the above is/are used as biofertilizer?
A. 1 and 2
B. 2 only
C. 2 and 3
D. 3 only
20. Consider the following diseases
Which of the above diseases has/have been eradicated in India?
A.1 and 2
B. 3 Only
C. 1,2 and 3
21. In human body, which one of the following hormones regulates blood calcium and phosphate?
B. Growth hormone
C. Parathyroid Hormone
22. Production of which one of the following is a function of the liver
D. Hydrochloric Acid
23. How do most insects respire?
A. Through Skin
B. Through Gills
C. By Gills
D. By Tracheal System
24. Which of the following is not a good source of nutritional Calcium?
C. Skimmed Milk
25. What is the pH level of blood of normal person?
A. 4.5 – 4.6
B. 6.4 – 6.5
C. 7.35 – 7.45
D. 8.25 – 8.35