UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2020: There are number of youths across the country who wants to join Armed Forces and dream to serve as an Assistant Commandants(Group A) in BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP and SSB and to establish there career in Armed Forces. Joining Indian army will not only provide you the job satisfaction or job security, it also comes with the incentives and perks which one will be getting additionally with the salary. This is something which makes CAPF exam a dream job for all those candidates who wants to be a part of Indian Army and serve the Nation.
UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2020
You will be more than happy to know that CAPF released 398 Assistant Commandants Post, the official notification of the exam will be released by CAPF is on 25th April 2018. The exam is scheduled to be on 12th August 2018. With the help of DigitalFauji, all candidates and future aspirants who are preparing for CAPF Exam are advised to go through its syllabus provided below:
CAPF Exam consists of two Papers.- Paper 1 is designated to check candidate’s General Ability and Intelligence while Paper 2 consists General Studies, Essay and Comprehension.
Paper I : General Ability and Intelligence
It is a type of Objective paper, questions with multiple choices will be broadly asked in this paper, the topics it covered are as follows:
1. General Mental Ability :The questions are designed in a such a way to test the logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude including numerical ability, and data interpretation of the candidate.
2. General Science :The questions are organised to test the general awareness, scientific temper, comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation including new areas of importance like Information Technology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science.
3. Current Events of National and International Importance:The questions will be asked to test the candidate’s awareness on current events of national and international importance in broad areas like culture, music, arts, literature, sports, governance, societal and developmental issues, industry, business, globalization, and interplay among nations.
4. Indian Polity and Economy:These questions aim to test the candidate’s knowledge about the Country’s political system and the Constitution of India, social systems and public administration, economic development in India, regional and international security issues and human rights including its indicators.
5. History of India:The questions will broadly cover the subject which includes social, economic and political aspects. This also include the areas of growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
6. Indian and World Geography:The questions certainly cover the physical, social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World.
Paper II : General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
Part-A – There will be Essay questions which needs to be answered in long narrative form either in Hindi or English which comprise of 80 Marks. The topics are relatively from modern Indian history especially from the freedom struggle, geography, polity and economy, knowledge of security and human rights issues, and analytical ability.
Part-B – It consists of Comprehension, precise writing, other communications/language skills which needs to be attempted in English only ,with total of Marks 120.It majorly covers the topics like Comprehension passages, précis writing, developing counter arguments, simple grammar and other aspects of language testing.